All our jewellery - Allergy-free surgical stainless steel
What is stainless steel?
At the beginning of the 1990s, the first piercings made their appearance in fashion shows of Jean-Paul Gaultier and then appeared in our streets. Many people were suffering from infections after having been pierced and that is why in our shops LES INITIÉS we directly offered them models in gold or titanium, then gradually surgical steel,...
What is stainless steel?
At the beginning of the 1990s, the first piercings made their appearance in fashion shows of Jean-Paul Gaultier and then appeared in our streets. Many people were suffering from infections after having been pierced and that is why in our shops LES INITIÉS we directly offered them models in gold or titanium, then gradually surgical steel, more affordable appeared.
The possibilities of this steel were infinite and it was now possible to have different models other than these big rhinestones with navel and these small multicoloured plastic balls to be screwed.
The alternative to precious metals was thus found. Since then we have been offering a wide range of jewellery in 316 L stainless steel in several colours: silver, gold and pink gold.
What are the special features of 316 L stainless steel?
It is solid.
- The solidity of this alloy is ideal for jewellery with fine details and each piece is hand-polished by a jeweller to obtain this remarkable shine.
- Jewellery is long-lasting because it is not sensitive to oxidation and gold has perfect adhesion.
Non-allergenic and biocompatible.
- The 316 L steel used in the manufacture of our earrings, bracelets, rings and necklaces is commonly used for the manufacture of surgical instruments and is therefore necessarily stainless and does not cause allergies or rejection.
- No pollution is caused by the recycling of this steel.
How do you know if a piece of jewellery is made of surgical steel?
- Surgical steel is weakly magnetic.
Our Stainless Steel catalogue is full of ideas for both women and men.
A beautiful necklace with a Swarovski crystal pendant, this bracelet with a laser-engraved message, these thick or large and thin hoop earrings, this ring set with rhinestones, this men's bracelet in leather and steel with finely chiselled motifs or this one with handcuffs as a clasp declined for Mr or Mrs.
For purists eager for knowledge, 316 L steel contains iron, carbon (less than 0.02%) a maximum of 17% chromium, between 10 and 12.5% nickel (anti-corrosion) and between 2 and 2.5% molybdenum, making it stainless, hard and hypoallergenic. It is important to know that the use of nickel is subject to very strict standards and that at this legal rate it is absolutely anti-allergic and even recommended for people looking for an alternative to gold.